— FOX has announced that while Smackdown will air live in the Eastern and Central timezones, the Pacific (West Coast) timezone will see the show air on tape delay – beginning at 8 PM local time, which would be on a three-hour delay. This actually works out better for ratings purposes as more people are likely to watch Smackdown in prime time, while it also keeps the local affiliates happy as they would not have to pre-empt the local news broadcasts at 6pm.
— According to the The Wrap, the situation is a little bit more complicated for viewers in the Mountain timezone as Smackdown will air at 7 PM local time there, which is 6 PM PT or 9 PM ET. That would mean that fans in the Mountain timezone would get the show aired on one hour delay from the East but a full two hours before viewers out West.
— For American viewers in the Mountain or Pacific timezones who absolutely wants to watch the program live, the only option is to stream Smackdown on FOXSports.com or the Fox Sports App (authentication required via your TV provider) as those platforms will offer the show live across the country.
- WRESTLING PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Renee Young Surprise, HHH/Steph At Concert, Angle’s Adopted Son!
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom