AEW superstar Cody Rhodes caught up with Alex Marvez shortly after his tag matchup against The Butcher and The Blade on last night’s AEW Dynamite where the American Nightmare praised the performance of his partner QT Marshall despite their efforts coming up short. Rhodes states that prior to the bout beginning the fans were chanting “Cody’s partner” at Marshall, but by the end his name echoed throughout the arena.
I’d be remissed if I didn’t say just how special what happened was. I’m talking about going from undesirable to undeniable. I’m not even hearing my own words. A guy went out there and they were chanting “Cody’s partner” and by the end of the match they were chanting his name. (Getting choked up) That’s what wrestling is all about. It really is. That’s it. You get the chance to hand it off to somebody because anytime somebody handed it off to me whether it was Randy, Bob, my dad, Dustin, it doesn’t matter. I thought I’d hand it off to him…and even in a losing effort it still felt good.
Rhodes would retweet the interview out and write, “Got a lil’ choked up for a second there ha. When magic stuff like what transpired in our match goes down, you can’t take it for granted. Ever.”
Check out his full comments below, including his response to Darby Allin offering his hand as a future teammate.
- *SPOILER* PHOTOS: WWE Hall Of Famer VICKIE GUERRERO Makes AEW Debut As ANNOUNCER At AEW DARK TV Taping (…)
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom
Click Here: cheap Cowboys jersey